EVUS Electronic Visa Application

EVUS for the United States

The Electronic Visa Update System, or EVUS, is an automated system that determines whether or not a citizen of the People’s Republic of China is eligible to travel to the United States for business or pleasure. Applicants must be Chinese citizens and hold a valid B1, B2, or B1/B2 visa.

Starting in November 2016, all travelers with a valid Chinese passport and a 10-year B1, B2, or B1/B2 visa must have an EVUS enrollment prior to traveling to the United States.

passport example

EVUS Entry Specifications and Validity

EVUS authorizes multiple entries to the United States and is valid for two (2) years, starting on the date of enrollment.

Passport and Visa Guidelines for EVUS

The traveler’s Chinese passport must be valid for at least six (6) months beyond the proposed dates for the trip to the U.S. The applicant must also have a valid 10-year U.S. B1, B2, or B1/B2 visa.

Eligible countries

Only the citizens of the People’s Republic of China are eligible to apply for EVUS.

All Chinese nationals who possess a valid passport can submit their online EVUS applicationn here.

Verify EVUS status

EVUS applicants will get updates and notifications via email regarding the status of their application. When it is completed and approved, the EVUS will be sent directly via email to the applicant in less than 3 business day(s).

Check the status of your application here: here.

Do minors need an EVUS to enter the United States?

Minors under 18 years of age that hold a valid B1, B2, or B1/B2 visa must apply for EVUS separately and must also hold their own individual passport.

EVUS Online Application

To complete the online EVUS application, applicants must have a valid Chinese passport, a U.S. B1, B2, or B1/B2 visa and an email address.

Please note that all of the information provided in the online application - including name, date and place of birth, address, gender, nationality, and passport number - needs to appear in the exact same way that it is listed on the passport or other legal travel document.

To apply for EVUS, all eligible Chinese nationals with a U.S. B1, B2, or B1/B2 visa can submit their online EVUS application here.


By using our website you accept our Cookies Policy. Click here to know more. I agree